View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 04:31 PM   #62
Black Leviathan

Default Re: Conversation Rate of G$ To Real World Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
Not really, as you could not have maintained a Status 0 lifestyle on $600 a month in the 2000s in the USA. Right now, my fiance and I spend $3600 a month on a Status 0 lifestyle, living in a small apartment in a small city ($1200 a month on rents and utilities, $1200 a month on food, insurance, cell phones, and transportation, and $1200 a month on taxes and miscellaneous expenses), so that is $1800 per month per adult. At the very least, that suggests that a $3 2018 to $1 GURPS conversation.
Bear in mind that you're above the mean cost of living in America. The same apartment, transportation, phone food and insurance in rural Kentucky could cost you half as much. The equivalent living cost in a poorly industrialized rural section South American City would cost you about 1/6th as much. My mother has a three bedroom 6000 SQ foot hacienda with a large yard in Mexico that costs half my one-bedroom apartment costs me and she could have a live-in cook for what I pay for groceries. Just an example that Lifestyle costs are the average but not the norm for a game world.
Black Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote