View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 06:44 PM   #189
ammulder

Default Re: Combat Garage Update

WARNING: another painful change of hosting provider coming soon.

Last time this happened I moved to Red Hat OpenShift, but now at the end of September they're shutting down the platform I was on. I guess I can't super-complain because the total they charged me for the last few years was $0... but so long as I'm being forced to transition, I'm going to move the back end to Amazon where I've had better luck with another app I maintain.

So: starting tomorrow night you should expect some problems. Probably it'll take a while for the DNS change to propagate and so you might get nothing at all, and then once you start seeing the site again, probably not everything is going to work right away.

I know for sure you will have to create a new account, but as long as you provide the same e-mail address as before, the new account should link up to your existing designs and etc. (If you need to use a different e-mail, let me know at ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu and we can work it out.)

My priorities are to have creating the new account and signing in working first, then loading and saving your own designs, then generating the PDF for a design, then searching/viewing stock cars, then rating/commenting on stock cars, then admin stuff such as reviewing stock car submissions, then whatever's left.
ammulder is offline   Reply With Quote