View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 11:51 AM   #11
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Car Wars Projects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magesmiley View Post
I've got more pictures, but here's the arena loosely assembled. I've been taking notes as I go along and will probably assemble this into a coherent how it was built when I'm done.

That is a Hot Wheels car sitting on the upper deck for scale.

I've got some cleanup to do still - there's some gaps, and I forgot to account for the thickness of the plastic when I made the pieces that fit in the gates (which will require some trimming).

And then painting. Gray for anywhere the cars can drive (floor, top deck, top of ramps), black for the outer walls, red for the thin walls and the sides of the ramps, and blue for the side of the upper deck and the corner bunkers. With a nice red K, E, A, or R on the top of the corner bunkers.

I'm probably going to try using some wooden dowels and long, large nails to hold the arena together. Possibly aided by a large piece of elastic all the way around. And if that doesn't work, the black duct tape should work for now. :)
That looks really good!

My project right now is paused...re-cutting Tilkendröm so that the individual blocks are square this time [misaligned fence...whoops], re-cutting the catch fence to make the box joints a little less sloppy, and then getting a coat of paint on it. The upside is the next convention is 3 months out, so I've got plenty of time.

It's a matter of too many things on the priority list, and not enough time to do them all. I'll get there, even if I have to use what I have for the upcoming con and do the new build next year.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote