View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #19
DBloch2012

Default Re: Seraphim and Profanity

I just do not see why Seraphim have to be inhumane robotic Vulcans when it comes to their personality. Sure, they are portrayed in the Core Rules as the most callous and malicious Choir because of their constant truth-keeping vigil, but would that really translate into someone with such a weak grasp of understanding context and metaphor in speech?

Seraphim are supposed to be the cream of the crop. Do you seriously believe a being with the power to see into the true nature of things cannot tell the difference between "love" and love?

Oh, I see in your example the Seraph in question did not use his power.

Perhaps if he is really young and inexperienced this could definitely be the case (and a source of comic-relief in a lighter game), but I think a Seraph with more experience (one out of training diapers that might be more likely to be sent on important missions) would not even need to use their power here to know that the guy isn't literally in love his chicken soup.

Last edited by DBloch2012; 10-10-2012 at 08:08 PM.
DBloch2012 is offline   Reply With Quote