View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 04:25 AM   #150
Phantasm

Default Re: GURPS Supers Alternatives

Two advantages I'd permit Batman to have are Gizmos and Foresight.

Gizmos is always having the right small gadget on hand for the situation, a staple of the Bat-stories I watched/read as a kid. It fits stuff that could be in his utility belt he's carrying for this particular caper. Note that Batman generally knows who he's investigating before even hitting the streets (unless it's someone entirely new on the scene), so he'd have an item or two for dealing with either the person or helping save bystanders (a micro-laser torch for melting Mr. Freeze's ice, f'rex). This could tie in with Lucius Fox providing him with the Gizmos.

Foresight (from Pyramid #3/53) is "I planned for that". Batman is a master planner. Foresight lets a player who not as thoughtful a planner play a thoughtful planner by letting stuff happen retroactively a few times per session.

If we take each 28 to 32 page comic or hour-long television episode as a "session". Bats could have one full-on Foresight and one aspected Foresight and up to two Gizmos on his sheet without a problem. (I may go three, personally, but IME the third Gizmo rarely gets used in online play; not sure about face-to-face as it's been a while.)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote