View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 07:13 PM   #8
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: High Magic Spells

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTimmy View Post
Thanks for the help. I am impressed with the speed and helpfulness of the replies. One comment though. The answer of "these spells are meant for supermages" is a cop-out. Even supermages can't do this without 100 assistants. I guess I am not happy about that. I want to assume that after 100+ missions my mage would be powerful enough to not need help making his dining room chair permanently strong.
A supermage could have a thousand or more points worth of Energy Reserve
Quote:
If I may summarize, it will take years (of not adventuring) to make even the sabre shatterproof. With an assistant (who also does nothing for a year) I can cut that time in half. I guess invest in Enslave?

The sloop is simply out of the question.
You could simply employ the assistant. Or get an apprentice. People are often willing to exchange a year of work for room, board, and spending money.

And yeah, Slow And Sure enchantment is not intended to fit easily into the lives of adventurers. It's how expensive magical artifacts that you buy from a specialized dealer or are given by a powerful wizard or magical organization are made - not what you knock off in a long weekend while waiting for half the party to recover from their back-in-town binge. (EDIT: But 400 days is not 'years', it's a little over one year.)

Some low-cost enchantments are feasible to knock off by the Quick and Dirty enchanting method. Probably not Shatterproof, though, unless you're very powerful and preferably have very powerful friends too.
Quote:
How out of ordinary/acceptable are the "cheese" methods in my post?
I think Luck is specifically restricted from certain uses relating to magic, but I don't recall exactly what.