Thread: TFT Defense
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 10:22 AM   #5
tbeard1999

Default Re: TFT Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_aramis View Post
I used similar, but made it raw DX 15 and 20, and +5/+10 to any St or Dex requirements for the base.

AdjDX is a problem -because it's not stable.

I'd suggest a Fencing Parry talent - DX 12, IQ 12 - once per turn, may attempt a parry at 3D vs AdjDX to reduce the damage by your weapon. Would be restricted to lighter swords.
I just realized that there's already a parry rule in TFT. A figure with a main gauche can stop 1 hit.

With two weapons talent, a figure can parry with one or both swords, stopping 2 or 4 hits respectively. Of course, the figure loses his attack if he parries.

So allow a "parry/riposte" - you stop 2 points of damage, but are at -2 DX on your attack.

Absorbing damage more or less produces the right result - it degrades smaller weapons far more than larger weapons.

You could grant the "parry/ripost" ability as part of Sword or Fencing talents. Or, make it a separate talent.

It's clean and simple. It also affects smaller weapons significantly. And the modifications are handled solely by the player, which keeps the game moving.
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote