View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 01:57 PM   #9
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default Re: What do you want in a Transhuman Space game (as a player)?

A tangent from the other thread that I feel is more at home here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Merging discordant genres is a unique fun of Gurps. I just find it odd how few people want a THS as is campaign.
People add Lovecraft, aliens, magic, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Smith View Post
I like THS as is.
I like THS as is, but 'as is' means 'actually as stated in the books, with no retcons, cutbacks or canon-incompatible additions'.
Occasionally, I get something like an 'oh no, surely the setting does not really mean to have that stuff, let us cut that out' sort of attitude. Mostly unofficial, though there are official cases too, e.g. Big Media Memetics basically erasing two TLs worth of progress in the science of propaganda.
Same with the other direction: stuff directly based on canonical mentions is OK, but revolutionary additions that came out of nowhere are not pleasant to have around in a game set in 2100.

The campaign I've been in balanced very dangerously on the edge; perhaps in some cases stepping beyond absolute compatibility. It's a scary and impressive feat even with the (arguably) missteps onto the other side.

Last edited by vicky_molokh; 03-01-2015 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Not Felicias in backless dresses ^_^
vicky_molokh is offline   Reply With Quote