View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 11:53 AM   #46
Anthony

Default Re: GURPS Powers: Enhanced Senses

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
That's true. But to read the charts, as opposed to seeing a bunch of blobs, you have to be able to make out the light and dark lines.
To recognize a person, you have to see more than a blob. A successful vision roll is 'see and recognize', not 'see'.
Quote:
But if I come inside, under direct indoor illumination, I can't do so; the letters are just marginally beyond my limit of resolution, and I have to change to reading glasses.
This probably has to do with pupil size, and doesn't apply if you don't have Bad Sight. Also, your direct indoor illumination is likely 1,000 lux or lower.
Quote:
It's not apparent to me that the penalties for low light, the ones that Night Vision buys off, are ever applied to DX. That seems to be a red herring. Or is there something in the published rules that you're basing it on?
Visibility modifiers in combat.
Quote:
Does the same argument apply to realistic UV?
Typically adding NUV will give you something like 10-20% more light if it's sunlight, almost nothing if your primary light source is fire or incandescent. Adding NIR will give you around double the light for sunlight, something like five times the light for firelight.

Last edited by Anthony; 02-07-2015 at 12:18 PM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote