View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 08:42 PM   #11
Magesmiley

Default Re: Starter Car (for OrcaCon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjamma4 View Post
I always like handouts in the new games I play so I feel more involved instead of having the GM do all the work.

Sounds like it will be a good time.
All of the players get a clipboard with their car sheet, another sheet with a rules summary, a speed and handling tracker (the ones I brought to GenCon), and two markers (one for firing, one for speed change), plus a pencil.

There's also a large speed chart, control table, and targeting modifier chart that's visible from the play area.

My work as GM is mostly consists of calling out who moves, resolving crash table results and collisions, and calling out to hit roll numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjamma4 View Post
Sounds like it will be a good time.
I think it will be. I've got 13 preregistered with a couple of days to go still. On game day it's usually about half full with preregistrations and the other players are walk-ins - 13 is only a few shy of half-full. For comparison, the Catan National Qualifier (which includes a trip to Origins for the winner) has 4 prereqistered players.

I'm hoping that Michael Owen makes it to the convention - he tweated live coverage of the final for the event I did at Dragonflight on his Car Combat Central Twitter account. Hopefully he will do so again (the final is 7 PST on Saturday). Also keep an eye on the Geeks of Cascadia podcast - I believe they're going to do interviews with the final round players again (they've been doing one before the game with each player and a second as each player gets knocked out of the final).

I'll post a follow up after the convention.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote