Thread: Art for games
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 09:30 AM   #58
Storn

Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr
This picture was actually kicking my butt for a while (easy target). I do like how it's hard to see who is doing the attacking. Nice, mysterious piece.

I started with it as a fully lit scene, but I couldn't get it exactly right. At one point I deleted all my light sources except for the Lightsabers, and the scene had a really eerie look, so I finally went with the Lightsabers as the only light source and it worked much better. Unfortunately, at 450x600, it doesn't look as good as it does at 768x1024.
Yeah... that is looking really dark, I can't really make out what is going on.... I know the frustration oh so well.

This weekend, I got a chance to play Spirit of the Century. A very, very good pulp game system. As I am wont to do, I doodled while playing. These were all pre-gens, as it was a mini-con here in Ithaca. My character was Kid Shadow.

I had a very good time playing. This is going to become our group's stand by game, when not everyone can make it to the table, because it will be a snap to just do an evening with any combo of the pulp characters. Although, we've already done characters for the game, not these depicted. Just haven't drawn them yet.

Enjoy.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Storn/SoTCTeam.jpg
Storn is offline   Reply With Quote