View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 02:47 AM   #1
Arith Winterfell

Default Proper webpage creation for a campaign setting

I'm working on creating an RPG setting as a GM and am aiming to create a website with my own art, own self-created story vignettes, setting details, and so forth. This is in order to share my setting with others and as a place to show off its use of the GURPS game system.

As a creative artist myself I'm very concerned about proper behavior when it comes to copyrights, trademarks, etc. as I myself wouldn't want to see someone else using my works as their own. I've made sure to read over the online policy page (and I plan to use the suggested notices, disclaimers, etc for my own webpage).

I'm currently doing preparatory work by writing up various setting templates and lenses for the setting and I found myself realizing I needed some clarification regarding the posting of information from the game.

For example, the setting is dark fantasy so I picked up GURPS Horror to make use of its material for campaign design. I was reading over the entries about the Corporeal Undead and the Zombie Templates. I realized I wanted to create a slightly different Corporeal Undead template and zombie template for my setting by shifting some traits out of Corporeal Undead into the Zombie template, so as to make the Corporeal Undead template more generic as a basis for other Undead I might create. To clarify this would just be templates with listed traits etc not a full description of those traits.

Is it alright to post up on the website the modified Corporeal Undead / Zombie Templates?

What about in cases like the Zombie Template which mentioned the Automaton meta-trait template. Is it acceptable to unpack those listed traits into a zombie template trait list rather than listing the automaton meta-trait?

In another case what about listing skills for the purpose of having entries about how they work differently in the setting than as written in the basic set?
Arith Winterfell is offline   Reply With Quote