View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 11:33 PM   #27
Agemegos

Default Re: Physics. (Very LAST thread). I promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum7 View Post
I want to use synglossatic fibers because nothing comes up when you Google it but I want it to do something much more advanced then just protects against stun blasts. Any ideas besides temperature regulating and color changing? Thanks!
Well, synglossatic fibres could be what the strings in string theory are made of. But I prefer the idea that they are paramolecular nanotubules with an orthophilic group at one end and a hyperphilic group such as thiotimoline at the other. Properly excited, they will hyperrotate so that the hyperphilic group is in contact with hyperspace. Under the right circumstances they will self-organise into membranes like phospholipids self-organising into a micelle, and then you have a sheet of material that will tend to transport incident energy from one side into hyperspace. A the moment we only having it working for stunners, but obviously if we could make the nanotubules cyclostable under hydrotorque we could make a metafilm that blaster bolts and other energy weapon effects would pass through harmlessly to hyperspace. And of course the real prize, the killer application, would be using cyclostable synglossatic membranes as a heat sink.

Decay is inherent in all composite things.
Nod head. Get treat.

Last edited by Agemegos; 07-13-2019 at 12:58 AM.
Agemegos is offline   Reply With Quote