View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 02:45 PM   #5
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping
Default Re: Stuff I'd like to see in Pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGame
I think the Suppressed Transmission articles are decent. They work well when they suggest a solid conspiracy theory that is more than a simple what if.
I generally don't read ST because I'm violently allergic to conspiracy and "high weirdness." I'm doing a terrible disservice to Hite's impressive breadth of knowledge and skills as an author, but there it is.

That said, I quite enjoyed the recent McGuffin article, particularly part I. I'm a sucker for things which are essentially about old movies.

Quote:
I'd like more GURPS-centric stuff, and more RPG-centric overall. I appreciate the occasional board game review, but I much prefer reviews of other RPG systems for perspective.
I assume you're talking purely about reviews here, because when it comes to the regular articles, I doubt it could be more RPG-centric. A quick check of the last dozen issues or so indicated not a single non-RPG-related article, and the vast majority of them were for GURPS.

Quote:
Support for recent GURPS releases is a good idea and free advertising; I wish there was more of it.
Practical concerns may prevent that. To write support articles, you need authors. Authors need the books, which are available to most potential authors no earlier than they are to anybody else. So the book needs to come out, people need to buy the book, get an idea for an article, write it, send it in, and we all wait for it to go through the editorial process to be published. They come in time (vis the recent wave of MA and DF articles), but there'd need to be wider dissemination of pre-publication files than currently exists to speed that up appreciably.

Quote:
The reality check articles (forgot the title) where someone asks a serious question and the ramifications are explained somewhat in generic terms.
Omniscient Eye. To judge by the ratings, it's been one of Steven's better ideas.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote