Thread: Azoth-8
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 01:40 PM   #28
Astromancer

Default Re: Azoth-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
I think my thought process was something like "This is the furthest point planets can form before the sun ignites and the solar wind pushes all the other particles away. This is the furthest the solar wind goes. They must be related." As you note, however, the heliopause probably changes with time, so while there was probably some relationship between the two in the beginning, as the sun matures the relationship is going to get weaker, to the point it's not something you can really use. So much for that idea, I suppose.
The simple fact that the heliopause would be a changeable limit makes it attractive to me. It adds a random element. I don't know how to use it yet, but I like that randomness.

Quote:
That is a rather interesting Doomsday weapon, and one that would make me paranoid of alien species flying around with such, just looking for an inhabited planet they can use one on to kickstart their terraforming.
You understand where this is going. Cold war paranoia brought in through a different door.

Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote