In addition to Crakkerjack's game above, I've the following party compositions:

Lenia's band:
* Nymph wizard/diplomat with Wealth
* Shadow Elf thief/wizard
* Ogre scout
* Human holy warrior
* Dwarf cleric
* Human swashbuckler
A fairly conventional group, with no real weaknesses. It maybe could have used a single high DR/defense character but what it had was okay.

Mordreona's minions:
* Nymph wizard/diplomat with Wealth
* Human scout/barbarian
* Human thief
* Minotaur barbarian
* Faun druid
* various wacky short lived characters
Lenia's band evolved into this over several months of playtime. It was a little short on healing ability and iffy against incorporeal undead, but could murder anything substantial. Again, no real weaknesses.

The Inhumans
* Pixie wizard
* Gargoyle knight
* Dwarf cleric
* Mountain Elf scout
* Catfolk Swashbuckler
* Minotaur martial artist
This was a reasonably effective party, and probably the most wacky bunch - no humans involved, for instance. They lacked social skills, but were otherwise reasonably competent. It does turn out that while it's impossible to hit Pixie wizards in combat, they aren't good at defending against area attacks and have no HP.

This group evolved over time (I think I killed or retired 3 of Bruno's characters in that game) and at one point had an undead necromancer and a semi-competent human holy warrior, I think. Good times.

My current group is Daughter Joan's Bunch:
* Human saint
* Human swashbuckler-thief
* Wood Elf scout
* Human elementalist
* Half-Ogre knight
They lack social skills, reliable information magic, and a high skill damage dealer (mostly because the swashbuckler has spent points on social skills instead of fighting skills). They kill stuff reasonably well, and Divine Favor and some lucky rolls lets them get away with a lot.

Even beyond party composition, character design can matter a lot. A well-made Half-Elf scout with multiple cornucopia quivers (each of a different arrow type) is a lot more effective than a quickly created Wood Elf scout with only 20 impaling arrows to his name.
mlangsdorf is offline   Reply With Quote