Thread: Orcslayer
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 12:36 PM   #27
ULFGARD

Default Re: Orcslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarg View Post
There's no need to win over entire communities - just to find enough compatible people to play with.
That's for sure. I'm part of a gaming club that mostly plays Pathfinder. I run a GURPS DF game. It's very cinematic. At some point, I'll finally get the chance to run some TFT, and I'm sure most of my players will have fun with it. I sandbox, which seems to make a huge difference. The Pathfinder players who try it either love it or hate it, and it's usually not due to the system - it's because there is no set (adventure) path as to where to go - just forge your own path.

[My group got angry at a minor god (who actually bound them to them - in exchange for their lives). This has set them on an epic quest to find the 7 artifacts needed to kill a god. Of course, there are no instructions as to how to use them, and I have a nasty twist for them. But this is all them in terms of their goals, with me facilitating them by providing interesting locales, enemies, etc., as obstacles on their overarching quest.]

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that there are undoubtedly people out there in your community who will play just about anything so long as they're having a good time. Those who won't because it's not D&D are really not worth your time. (And, even when I have played Pathfinder or D&D 5e, that sort of player really annoys me.)

Good luck!