View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 11:52 PM   #10
Gardensnake

Default Re: White Wolf is out of the game

I don't think White Wolf is out so much as they are regrouping. I think the biggest issue the new White Wolf has is that they are trying too hard. The original White Wolf was controversial but also smart. They presented controversial material in a way that made you think and also put stuff they new would be real controversial under a different label with a Mature Audiences warning. Even then, they were respectful in their controversy. The new White Wolf seems to be hamfistedly messing things up and when they do, they don't seem to know how to respond. I really think part of this is two fold. For starters, they're a Swedish company and I don't really think they understand the sensibilities of the common gamer or game consumer in America. Thus, they do things that they don't even think about as controversial and then are left trying to backpedal when the negative feedback hits. Their other problem I think, is they are trying to be edgy just for the sake of being edgy and are coming across as just being immature. I would really like to see White Wolf succeed and hold no ill will towards them. These are just my observations on their current condition. Hopefully they can find the right brand manager and that person can right the ship as the saying goes.

William
Gardensnake is offline   Reply With Quote