View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 11:18 AM   #32
TimTimmy

Default Re: High Magic Spells

Is the FAQ (with the luck info) published anywhere? Would a kind person please provide the link?

In case my motives are not clear, I am not a powergamer. In my uninformed opinion, the Gurps enchanting rules are woefully weak (certainly compared to the handful of games I am familiar with). I am trying to see if a well-designed character can reasonably use them (Crit-fail ruins all material and wastes your years of effort is not playable. I am hoping there isa way to mitigate against that). I am hoping Enchanting is not an NPC-only career. Note that most/all PCs will have to conform to a group's time-table and time off. All I am trying to do is find a way of making enchanting playable within the rules. I am also happy to dedicate half of my character's resources to enchanting.

If you want to skip a few steps, my ultimate goal is to -somehow- have a flying ship. I thought the best way to do it is by enchantment. It looks like the best way to do it is to go "Wealth" and BUY it off an npc enchanter. Not a satisfactory answer (to me).

Last edited by TimTimmy; 07-30-2017 at 11:24 AM.
TimTimmy is offline   Reply With Quote