View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #8
Figleaf23
Banned

Default Re: [Social Engineering] Why can't Observation be used to covertly judge approachabil

Observation is described with the following words on page B211

Quote:
This is the talent of observing dangerous or “interesting” situations without letting others know that you are watching. Use this skill to monitor a location, a group of people, or your immediate surroundings for concealed or tactically significant details. ... A successful skill roll lets you gather information that is not specifically hidden. ... To spot deliberately hidden details – e.g., someone trying to sneak up on you, ...you must win a Quick Contest of Observation skill vs. ... Shadowing, ... (as appropriate) of the other party. ...
I do not see in that description any reference to needing Acting to go unnoticed. I also do not see anything that excludes the ability to discern data on emotional or personal factors.

(Edit: I would say that what it does not do is provide any insight into that data. Using Observation, you should notice that one member of a group stands apart from the others, but I'd say it takes a Psychology or other relevant skill to judge why.)

Last edited by Figleaf23; 11-01-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote