View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 02:39 AM   #43
Set

Default Re: What is the best Magic system to use in a DF campaign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
I think this is the heart of the problem. You want a singular individual* who is the same weight class as one of his foes to be able to stand up to and challenge a group of them without heaping him with one-shot protections.

He won't. He'll go down like a punk. Even if you shore up his weaknesses, he's one foe versus 4, he won't stand.
It was a bad example, I'll admit. No, I didn't mean Scout, I really meant Archer every time.

I was trying to compare what an Archer can do to a Knight and what an Apprentice can do to a Knight. I included the Wizard to the mix to show that it isn't really a thing of "Apprentice counters mundane heavy armor guys".

It's 14 because I was taking the approach of taking Magery 3 and saving in Advantages for spells.

What I want to say is: Against basically any "boss fight" using an adventurer-level guy as the boss (for henchmen) (with enough mobs to equalize the CER, just for the sake of testing), the Apprentice still have a decent chance of neutralizing the big guy with a single spell.