View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 01:22 AM   #3
Acolyte

Default Re: [heretical] More Gray Celestial expansions

Unfledged-- Liminal sounds a bit too clinical for me. "Wisp" itself is a pretty good name, or some word that suggests a fleeting thought. "Spark" possibly.

Sentinel-- I like my Dwarves better, but this is interesting.

Dead Elders-- It's likely that killed-by-Purity ones would have had the more martial Words; diplomatic, ideation, and peaceful Worded Superiors wouldn't have gotten caught that way. Some Words that deal with the defense or promulgation of ideas and stories would be nice.

Legend-- I'd make a Superior of that for sure; if I had to think of a historical figure that embodied your view on the Word, my mind runs very strongly to Snorri, who preserved the Norse corpus (while restamping it with his own views), or looking further back someone like Herodotus or Pliny.

Malakim counterparts-- possibly call them Valkyries? Or Rocs, if you imagine them as birds, although the original concept of Griffons as seen by the peoples of Greece (metal bladed birds who reflected the light of the sun beyond the endless grassy fields of Eastern Europe) might work as well. They might have the ability to compel people to tell stories (thus protecting the Marches by ensuring that legends are retold), or grant bonuses to people they've inspired with stories.