View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 12:13 AM   #104
Charlie Bussey
Banned

Default Re: Munchkin Promotional Bookmarks Complete List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh-Dalan View Post
I have two Super Munchkin Winged Helmet of Swiftness BMs which match with the decribed dimensions of 3rd edition but appear to be different in typing style on the front and coloring (picture link below). Does this count as a variant or is one of these a new edition?

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...RVbLVsAMAkMZlF
That's a great question, one which we, as a community, probably need to address if we want to have an exhaustive list. I've been avoiding weighing in here because there are NUMEROUS variants of bookmarks; dozens of which I've seen that are not listed in this thread. As Andrew mentioned above, SJ Games doesn't really take much of a stance on issues relating to collecting, so it falls to us to spot them in the wild and document them. I've been on a one-man crusade to document all bookmarks and cards, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't difficult.

For reference, here is the list that I've compiled, that I use for my personal collection: Munchkin Bookmark Inventory

It includes several variants that have not been mentioned in this thread. I've hesitated to post this anywhere publicly, since it's always evolving, but if anyone finds it helpful, they're free to use it. I realize a more user-friendly format would be Google Docs or some type of dynamic system, but I prefer Excel and have other lists for my personal collection in Excel, so this is what I've got for now. I toyed with the idea of creating an online Munchkin database for all cards, merch, bookmarks, etc, but the Munchkin Lords opted to avoid that route (for legitimate, and understandable reasons).