View Single Post
Old 09-17-2004, 09:03 AM   #14
Jennifer

Default Re: In Nomine: Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr T. Jackson
On another note, who *does* hold the licensing rights for In Nomine?
In Nomine is an adaptation of a French game, In Nomine Satanis/Magna Veritas. Any English-language rights not explicitly purchased by SJG would still be held by someone in France. (I'm not sure if that would be the author (Croc) or the publisher (Siroz).)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr T. Jackson
Oh yeah, there is nothing wrong with trenchcoats and katanas.... Cliche it may be - cool it still is. I used to train with a katana years ago. Having been on the receiving end of their speed and power, I wouldn't choose anything else if I were an Angel.
I take it that your character has the Scabbard attunement and never fights opponents with ranged weapons, then? Swords (including katana) have major drawbacks in terms of concealability and ranged capability. And I imagine that some angels (like, say, Seraphim of Flowers) might not have much use for a katana anyway.

See, I have this Malakite whose vessel and Role are that of a 12-year-old. People tend to notice if 12-year-old kids carry around katana or wear trenchcoats. Unarmed combat is a great option when your Role is harmless looking, and spearhand techniques work really well thematically when you have tiny hands and high Strength.

Then there are the angels with low Strength and high Precision, who are much more effective with small weapons and guns. "wouldn't choose anything else if I were an angel" seems awfully sweeping, unless you restrict possible angel concepts very tightly.

(Personally, I've never been able to think of trenchcoats as cool since having a 5' even roommate who insisted on wearing a trenchcoat long enough to drag on the ground behind her. The overall effect was that of a small child dragging a blankie but desperately trying to look goth. YMMV.)
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote