Thread: New Skills
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 01:28 PM   #72
Rick_Smith

Default Forgetting talents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
... 2) I much prefer the new Talent XP cost system; but I can also see why you might be considering limiting the number of talents to the IQ level of the character. On the other hand, that drives us right back into those "forgetting spells and talents" rules, and I really never liked that system at all. ...
Hi JLV, everyone.
I agree with you here, a lot.

In my Pirate example above, my character grew up on the docks of Port RoughAndTumble, and as a kid with Thief being able to run away was a key survival skill. Also it helped in fights as he grew old enough to use a sword. So it makes total sense that the character started with Running talent.

However, now that he is on a ship, does the 2 memory for Running really help him that much? Being able to dump the mIQ for Running to take Boating and Seamanship would help a lot to try to make a Thief & Pirate double 'class' character work in the new TFT.

Maybe Kracken can also hypnotize you and allow you to quickly forget talents? That actually would be a little bit cool. Or maybe eating a funny jelly fish will do the job. But if we are back to extremely tight memory, being able to manage the mIQ spent on talents becomes a key strategy of TFT.

Warm regards, Rick.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote