View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 03:02 PM   #5
Celti

Default Re: ST-based Telekinesis? Healing that costs LFP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekai View Post
How should one figure Healing that costs LFP instead of FP? I was thinking of this as a potential replacement for the cumulative -3 to the IQ roll because it also severely limits how much healing can be done. Likewise, is there a modifier for giving the FP cost to the target as opposed to the user, or would that just be a switch? I'm imagining a Healing power that just speeds up the natural metabolism of the target, leaving them hungry and tired and strained, limiting the amount of healing they can receive.
I would price Costs LFP alone on Healing at -25%; the rationale being that “generic LFP” as a Hazard is worth about a +50% enhancement, and about half that value as a limitation seems appropriate when modifying the “inherent” Costs FP limitation on Healing.

Swapping the cumulative penalty for Costs LFP seems about fair for a +0% modifier; normally removing the cumulative penalty is a Cosmic, +50%, but swapping it out for something approximately equally limiting seems very fair.

Healing that costs the target FP I have fairly priced using Based on (Different Attribute) — in this case, Based on FP, Subject's Score, +20%. It only works if the subject is willing — if you can use it maledictively, buy a linked Innate Attack!

Combining Costs LFP with Based on Subject's FP, I would make it a separate +20% enhancement — Based on LFP, Subject's Score, +20% — and require the (again separate) Cosmic, +50% if you want to waive the cumulative penalty as well.
Celti is offline   Reply With Quote