View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 06:37 PM   #3939
Astromancer

Default Re: New Reality Seeds

While thinking of the previous post, I remembered the The President's Analyst. Which leads to some fun. The world of the film would be a Myth Parallel with TL7^ technology. Part of that supertechnology sets up an interesting adventure, with serious problems for the Icops.

In the movie, the final and truest villain was the...Phone Company!!! The evil scheme was to inject microscopic phones into everybody's brains and force people to switch their names for numbers and to always answer the phone!

The film's EVIL plot has long had me joking that these days people would line up for injectable cell phones. You couldn't keep the crowds away. Which pleases an intelligence agency. As written, I pick the Chinese, but any one of the five members of the security council would work.

The intelligence agency wants the technology to sell on Homeline. They plan to have a backdoor in the phone's hardware. This means they could find every human on Earth. Maintain records on every phone call on the planet. listen in to any phone call on Earth. And later they hope to use the eyes and ears of everybody on Earth as bugs to spy with. Still, later they hope to be able to hack memories both to read everybody on Earth's secrets and later to reshape anyone's memories they choose.

The monstrosity of this threat, especially coming from people the Icops have no authority over and many Icops might be loyal to, should be obvious. It would be a scary change of threat campaign. For heightened scares, let either Centrum or the Cabal figure the plot out and go after the tech themselves.

Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote