View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 12:35 PM   #50
Plane

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Dodging shoulder attack: 9 (dodge) +3 (retreat) +2 (telegraphed) = 14 vs 10.
You forgot the +1 for One Foe and -1 for DWA, guess that cancels out though :) Your retreat does not cost AP since you did not use your Free Step this turn.

Your dodge takes you from 3>2 AP, your kick takes you from 2>1 AP.

Since you retreated, you are 1 yard away, which is still enough reach to kick from. Since I did not use my Free Step in my DWA, I am also able to Retreat for no added cost.

I make a dodge (5/12 AP > 4/12 AP) while also retreating backward (so afterward we are 2 hexes apart). This is 9, +1 for One Foe, -1 for Deceptive Attack, + 3 for retreat for a total of 12. I'm still very worried about a death spiral so I'll opt to spend another 2 AP (4/12 to 2/12 AP) so that I can roll against a 14 instead.

I roll a 12... guess I wasted my AP, I could have just skirted by with a tie if I hadn't used Feverish! Oh well...

• Just noticed something we overlooked...
    MA99 Standing people "Remove -1 from the hit location penalty to .. kick the leg or foot of a standing man"
    so instead of..
    16 (skill) -2 (kick) -2(right leg) +2 (presented leg) -2 (deceptive) +2 (evaluate)=14 vs 14
    it should be...
    16 (skill) -2 (kick) -1(right leg) +2 (presented leg) -2 (deceptive) +2 (evaluate)=14 vs 15
    Something to keep in mind for later.
    I guess presented legs are easier to kick than torsos!

for my turn: Do Nothing. We're 2 yards apart so I'm thinking I might try and regain some AP until you close the range.
  • 4ba) I did another DWA, right hit your left shoulder, left missed
  • 4bb) you dodged the right punch to shoulder
  • 5aa) you recovered 0 AP, and expended your evaluate +2 to kick deceptively at my leg (21s til PI)
  • 5ab) I dodged the deceptive leg kick
  • 5b) I choose Do Nothing
  • 6a) your TURN (20s til PI)

I have 2/12 AP 10/12 FP 8/12HP
you have 1/12 AP 10/10 FP 10/10HP

Last edited by Plane; 12-13-2018 at 02:39 PM.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote