View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #9
Polydamas

Default Re: [G4e] Repeated Attempts for First-Aid Skill Rolls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edges View Post
Oh. I didn't know that. I always assumed it did. So does that mean anyone with a 7+ IQ can do it? I assume you mean that the rolls aren't required unless you're using optional bleeding rules (since bandaging is pretty trivial with the default rules).

On MA138 where it says, "Optionally, apply the total penalty to bleeding rolls...to First Aid rolls made to halt bleeding", I interpreted that to mean that the additional penalties are optional but not the "halt bleeding" rolls themselves. But I have been accused of misinterpreting the RAW before.
That was how I assumed it worked too. Among other things, it makes a First Aid Kit and bandages useful in low TL games where the extra healing for taking 30 minutes is very low (1d-4 or 1d-3) so few PCs will take that long. I've been experimenting whether or not to apply the bleeding penalty to First Aid rolls in the game I run.

Also see the rules in various books which require a Surgery roll to stop some bleeding.

I wonder what would be a fair penalty to bandage your own wounds?

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote