View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 09:38 PM   #39
PresidentTwoeagles

Default Re: Now On Kickstarter!

I watched that drag race video without interruption and really sunk into it and I must say I'm really excited about the gameplay. In just that video and looking at images of the dashboards and the cleverness there and how the dice rolls on the cards work it all looks really straightforward and fun. When I watched that 90-minute video a few weeks ago I couldn't make sense of all the tokens and dice flying around but after the race it's really clear on how it all works. And it was fast paced while still explaining how things were happening without really bogging down the playtime. It might be wise to do some adjustments on that assault rifle though :)

When I read some of the comments from the naysayers on these videos, it makes me a bit sad. What were they expecting from a new edition? If they like how the old edition worked, play that - or play this edition and make house rules if you want! And why complain about the bases? The curves that allow better conforming movement after a collsition work great. The old counters are just rectangles with a car image on it, how is that different than a base with a miniature on top? In a world with X-Wing we all should be used to bases by now.

Last edited by PresidentTwoeagles; 12-01-2019 at 11:36 PM.