View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 09:50 PM   #311
jason taylor

Default Re: [Space] Fighter-to-ship ratio: what is it and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
You can't see everyone in a Starbucks with a hundred people in it. They're all hidden behind each other. Chances are you never get a clear view of the vest.

Meanwhile, in space you get a clear view of everyone. And while maybe a human brain gets saturated by a hundred subjects to consider, a computer has no such difficulty. Manned or unmanned the ship'll have the computational assets to keep track of the lot - and at least the unmanned one will be able to actually give each some consideration.
And the computer has to decide which of the lot which assets it has the computational assets to track and of which it actually gives some consideration which is worth vectoring friendly units toward. And it cannot see what the ship is carrying anymore then I can see the suicide vest because it is in the hold.

And I can see more or less every schooner on the portion of the Grand Banks covered by my spy glass and I still cannot tell which is a fisherman and which a rum runner with my spy glass and still must use Intelligence Analysis.

Last edited by jason taylor; 11-14-2017 at 10:00 PM.
jason taylor is offline   Reply With Quote