View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 02:46 PM   #426
43Supporter

Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordtart View Post
I mean use a different road entirely. Use your intel (AADA incident reports), a cheap aircraft (but spotting from the air is a challenge if they use even rudimentary camouflage) or just a guy on a bike running ahead of the convoy to identify where they are operating and go another way. Avoid any jurisdictions that provide un-patrolled roads, especially ones where you are forced to use a particular route frequently. [...]
[John McClane] "Way ahead of you, pal." [/John McClane] :)

Of course, when one is out on the road for the *express intent* of Removing Unauthorized Revenue Cutters, a fight is unavoidable. ;) (Up here, we have "Corridor Management Teams"; I gave them Firepower. And before that, when I was in Omaha... well, the rest of the group learned *real* fast I don't play by Comic-Book Rules, unless said comic book is one of the old EC imprints. >:) )

On the subject of Deniability: Even before there was an "official" Camera accessory, I had cameras. (Watch _Aliens_ for details.) *Everything* was documented, for exactly the reason you describe. "Panopticon", perhaps -- but when the alternative is "it's all about the he-said-she-said", I know which option I prefer.

"Mah sweet innacent boyz would *nevah*--"

[HOURS OF VIDEO-CUBE EVIDENCE LATER]

"...Ah'll shut up now."

My only regret is: Mortars didn't become Official until _CW Tanks_ -- this is why I had to use helicopters so extensively; there wasn't a good Artillery Option.

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote