View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 02:20 PM   #422
43Supporter

Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordtart View Post
At 11" you shouldn't even be ble to see them (camo net). You need to drop your BE into the trench to affect peds in the trench (which precludes direct fire generally).
There wasn't camo netting in the rules back then -- we had to make stuff up (the total -5 to shoot a "concealed" ped -- -3 for the ped, then another -2 for partial cover -- made it hard enough).

My solution, as such, involved a 1-man helicopter, and a Passenger with grenades. A _Micromedic_ can be used for this; if one is willing to risk it, having Passengers with grenades on the Skid Stretchers in addition to the Passenger inside the hull makes for a fairly-impressive improvised bomber on-the-cheap. (For a particularly nasty variant: Have the 'copter "dust" the footsloggers, *then* give them the grenades.) Then there's what evolved into the "EDSEL _Snapdragon_" for "The Death of EDSEL": Univ.-turret MG w/ Explosive ammo, plus a pair of CB15s....

"I have played many tank-combat games where the designers had to Magically Eliminate Air Power; I have yet to play the Air Combat game where the designers had to Magically Eliminate Ground Power." >:)

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote