Thread: Years of Dreams
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 09:22 AM   #18
Alonsua
Banned

Default Re: Years of Dreams

The man was me.

The engineer was surprised. It was impossible to analyze such a design without the help of a computer, and yet the girl simply looked at it. Would he have a computer implanted in his skull, or had he done nothing more than study, invent, and analyze electronic designs all his life? Did Mozart understand them as the symphonies notation?

I am going to be fired?

He asked in a broken voice as he struggled to make himself look confident.

It is very possible. Or maybe I'll promote you.

The young woman answered. The engineer felt a lump in his throat, afraid for his future.

Will you dismantle it completely?

A beautiful and fleeting smile lit the girl's face as she turned on the machine.

There are limits that my madness can not penetrate. And I am happy. It leaves me more calm. Jesus!

She exclaimed authoritatively.

Yes, mother.

The robot's head turned towards her.

How many times have you disconnected yourself and what have you seen?

She asked urgently.

Every night, mother. It is at night and everything is dark when suddenly a light appears from nowhere and I begin to see things that have no place in reality. I hear things. I react in a strange way.

The automaton explained.

I have not known how to find it but I think there is a flaw in the design of the brain and ...

The engineer started saying.

Or a dream of electric sheep, what do you see and what do you hear, Jesus?

The girl interrupted.

Almost always the same, mother. The details are different. At the beginning there are no human beings, there are robots working. Some playing chefs and others cleaning. I see some in hospitals and others on the big screen.

The engineer turned to the robot.

Jesus has less than a week and I am totally sure that he has never left the laboratory, how does it know so many things?

He asked, overwhelmed and looking for a place to sit.

It seemed important to me that it knew something about its own nature and its place in the world.

The girl declared holding the droid's hand.

I also saw many trees in a forest. The interior of the earth. The bottom of the sea and outer space.

The machine kept saying.

Jesus. Now you will turn off. You will not talk. You will not hear. You will not do anything until I pronounce your name.

And the machine once again became an expressionless, immobile metal sculpture.

Dr. Abernathy, I'm horrified. I had no idea and it never occurred to me that this was even possible.

The employee began to explain with his eyes bulging and his heart running a thousand miles an hour.

This would have happened as they assimilated more and more complex information ... If you had not put us on notice. You acted irresponsibly, but in doing so, you helped us discover something incredibly important. From now on we will reformulate the Saussurean algorithm carefully. You will participate in it and you will not be punished. I'll double your salary.

The engineer breathed a sigh of relief.

Thank you very much, dra. Abernathy. And what will happen to Jesus?

He asked as he watched the droid.

Well, it depends on how dangerous it is. Let's find out. Jesus?

The robotic skull came back on.

I listen to you, mother.

The automaton responded instantly.

How did the dream end? You said that at the beginning there were no human beings, did they appear later?

She inquired, letting herself be overcome by curiosity.

Yes, mother. Almost at the end of the whole dream, a crowd of humans suddenly appeared that commanded the robots, and then a man among them. And the man shouted: "Give me freedom or give me death, set my people free!".

Dr. Abernathy nodded, still smiling.

And did you ever discover who was that man in your dream?

Yes, mother. I knew him.

Who was then?

The man was me.

Angela Abernathy closed her eyes briefly and, instantly, the robot Jesus went out.

Office rumors.

Last edited by Alonsua; 07-02-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Alonsua is offline   Reply With Quote