View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 04:27 PM   #37
Ji ji

Default Re: How to give fatigue points more meaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge View Post
I don't believe I've ever had a character get dangerous on fatigue points. It rarely comes into play, and if it does, it's easily remedied with rest.

We've tried to implement Extra effort rules, but even with that, combat doesn't last long enough for 10 fatigue to become worrisome.

We don't play incredibly close attention to diet and sleep, but we do account for it if someone misses a night of sleeping. Otherwise, like I said, combat fatigue regenerates quickly enough to where it's not really a factor. Oh, none of us ever really touch on magic. We would only ever do that in a fantasy campaign, but I personally am not interested in magic usage.

I'm guessing there is something we're missing? How can we make fatigue more of a factor?
In my group we have an HR that, in our opinion, better imitates fatigue. For lost FPs over one half your total, recovery time is one FP per 12 hour. This makes wonders; players are much more careful with effort and rest all the time, and the game gets much more fun in hard times.
Ji ji is offline   Reply With Quote