View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 09:32 PM   #5
binn05

Default Re: [Banestorm] Yrth as a Psionic setting

In the DF game, I'm GMing I exchanged magic for psi, we are three sessions in already so I may be able to give some input considering what has happened in-game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
A note on terminology: I use the term 'Meta-Psi' a few times below, including as a power modifier ('Meta-Psi, -10%').
Considering PMs, I adapted them to fit DF1 Templates, so psi powers are not divided as per Psionic Powers but as Bard, Cleric, Druid, Holy Warriors, Martial Artist, and Mentalist. Each template has a list of abilities to choose, with a corresponding Talent. Psi categories exist similar to how DF14 treat them.

Quote:
Of course, Pharmacy (Synthetic) normally doesn't exist at TL3, but TL^ settings aren't normal; alternatively, they could both be Pharmacy (Herbal)/TL3^ or Pharmacy (Psi)/TL3^.
I like this one; I'm slowing adjusting specific skills to suit better my DF setting. The idea is that psi has been around for some centuries, that is the reason I changed Hidden Knowledge (Psi) to Psilogy IQ/VH, similar to Thanatology.

Quote:
The times to brew specific elixirs from the list in GURPS Magic might be reduced, but on the other hand, working with primitive equipment does require compromises.
Since this is a DF campaign, players can only buy elixirs and concoctions, so no input here.

Quote:
Likewise, what the Magery advantage might be replaced with, if anything, depends on how the 'wizard' niche is being filled.
As I said, I'm using Talents (5cp/level) that are template specific. It meshes well with how DF works.