View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 08:14 AM   #15
Joseph Paul
Custom User Title

Default Re: Templates -Breaking the Wall of Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post

It seems clear I've lost my superscripts, so I apologize for that. Some people ask "Why can this not be done?" Or show examples that are very simple and straight forward. I wanted to see (and to show) what both versions actually look like, side by side, to get a real comparison. Is it really worth the white space and ink to do the latter over the former? That's not rhetorical, but a genuine question.

Is it worth it in regards to what? My original intent was to ask for advice for a personal project for my personal gaming. Obviously for my own purposes I think it is worth investigating and that it would make things easier for people I play with as well as myself as chief creator of a large setting. It would hinge on just how much can I automate and can I pull from physical copies with OCR and get a low incidence of mistakes. Typing it by hand...maybe.

If you are asking about that tongue in cheek side quest - the Big Book of Templates - no. SJG has made it clear that they have good and sufficient reason to produce templates in the format they have chosen and they won't spend resources to do it any other way.

Your specific objection to white space can be partially ameliorated by going to two columns for actual A/D/S entries which the forum does not do a good job of formatting.

Header Line. Pick two skills

Column 1 _______________________Column 2
Entry 1 _________________________Entry 4
Entry 2 _________________________Entry 5
Entry 3 _________________________Entry 6