View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 12:58 PM   #475
Dalillama

Default Re: [RPM] Post your rituals here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
You'll want to add Lesser Control Magic to make this a Conditional Spell or Charm - otherwise, as written, it just makes a bullet explode, regardless of it it's been fired or has hit anything yet. You don't need to pay the +50% for Explosive - dropping to double damage handles the cost there. I'm not certain making something explosive will fall into Lesser status, even if the actual damage is at or below that of a typical handheld weapon, but that's up the GM.

So, your spell would actually be more like Lesser Create Energy (6) + Lesser Control Magic (5) + External Damage 3d+4 cr ex (5) + Incendiary (2). 19 energy (19x1). Note 5 energy in damage is actually enough for 4d+2, but the level below that, 4d, is a touch below 3d+4, so I rounded up. If the GM rules an explosive bullet is a Greater Effect, energy gets boosted to 57, but you can pump more energy in for more damage.
Fortunately, I am the GM. I'm the one building the spell because the player has limited grasp of the magic system and the character has limited scope. Greater effects are going to call for greater skill levels than the PC has yet,
but some kind of capacity for going boom is going to be very useful when the swarm of bat monsters descends on them.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote