Varyon

Default Re: [RPM] Post your rituals here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Exploding bullet
Spell Effects: Lesser Create Energy.
Inherent Modifiers: damage
Greater Effects: 0 (x1).
Bullet goes off like a (Black Powder) grenade on impact.

Typical Casting: Lesser Create Energy (5) + Damage 3d+4 cr ex (+50%) inc (+10%) (15) 20 energy (20x1).
(I used a Lesser effect because it's in the same ballpark as doubling the damage of a rifle round.)
You'll want to add Lesser Control Magic to make this a Conditional Spell or Charm - otherwise, as written, it just makes a bullet explode, regardless of it it's been fired or has hit anything yet. You don't need to pay the +50% for Explosive - dropping to double damage handles the cost there. I'm not certain making something explosive will fall into Lesser status, even if the actual damage is at or below that of a typical handheld weapon, but that's up the GM.

So, your spell would actually be more like Lesser Create Energy (6) + Lesser Control Magic (5) + External Damage 3d+4 cr ex (5) + Incendiary (2). 19 energy (19x1). Note 5 energy in damage is actually enough for 4d+2, but the level below that, 4d, is a touch below 3d+4, so I rounded up. If the GM rules an explosive bullet is a Greater Effect, energy gets boosted to 57, but you can pump more energy in for more damage.
Varyon is offline   Reply With Quote