View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 12:52 PM   #636
Atlus

Default Re: Member House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post

So a Curse drawn second just sits there, and you know what it is and that it will hit you immediately after you kill or Run Away from the monster? And what happens if you die due to the combat? It seems a bit at odds to your other rules, which all up the tension of Epic battles, whereas this one gives the player a break and some extra information they will be able to plan for.
This rule was implemented just because with the actual ruling makes traps/curses/disasters always hit first and there is no way to change your combat strength once hit before the fight so if you were hit with a very crippling curse it could make you lose the battle before it began which is perfectly fine but I thought I'd throw my group a bone and simplify the order for kicking down to what comes first takes precedence over all else and continues to the next card and so on. So it could be forgiving if you are lucky enough to draw a curse second or it'll just be the same as the normal rules the rest of the time. And death from the combat will make the curse no longer affect you as well but that is not very often occurring because of the amount of loaded die's or escape assistance players accumulate for the late game but it is possible.

Unfortunately most of my group only know the rules as well as a moderate player would so when I was creating my Epic homebrew version I was inclined to make sure everything was straight forward but still challenging like it should be, but I did like changing the above rule because it gave one piece of mercy to players who got lucky with the draw.
Bites 1 & 2
Zombies 1-3
Cthulu 1-4
Impossible
Legends
Pathfinder
Conan
Apocalypse
Space 1 &2
The Good/The Bad 1 & 2
Atlus is offline   Reply With Quote