View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 10:29 AM   #29
Icelander

Default Re: Time to train a cavalry mount . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechDrek
P.S.: I found a lecture on cavalry training. There the lecturer states that 3 year old colts were used. I am no horseman so my vocabulary is limited.

Training began in September.

September: accustoming the horse to the rider
October: Tact, "relinquishedness" (sorry, I am at a loss what "Losgelassenheit" means. Something like "less restraint")
November-February: More stuff I can only translate directly. Something with more "uprightness, dependence, and permeability" (Verbesserung der Anlehnung, des Geraderichtens und der Durchlässigkeit)
March-September: Accustoming the horse to military noises
October-December: Elan and collection
January-March: further training of collection
April: Horse is "mustered", at the beginning young horsed don't participate in bigger exercises
Thanks. This apperars to be basic Training to IQ 3 level plus about half a year of war training. Full fighting training takes a year in addition to IQ 3 training, according to Campaigns, so this is about half that time.

That means that if full fighting training doubles cost, such reduced war training should probably add 50%. That seems fair.

I'd say that the game effects are the removal of the Brawling skill and the horse will not normally make attacks. However, neither does it have the Bad Temper trait that fighting stallions have.

Very fair and useful.