Thread: Cestus question
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 05:36 PM   #10
warhorse11h

Default Re: Cestus question

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
I did find that one in the new edition, but how about a statement re. the penalty for making two HTH attacks in the same turn?
The left hand weapons blurb on pg 111 allows for a normal attack and a second dagger attack against the same foe at -4 DX. That could get you to an fist attack at +4 DX and a second attack with the dagger against the same foe at normal DX (bonus and penalty cancel out).

Cestus rules on 112 indicate that you could make two attacks with two cesti on and each would be at -3 DX (HTH would seem to move that to DX +1 on each).

Both rules would, to me tend to support allowing two fist punches with the first at +4 DX and the second, against the same opponent, at normal DX (bonus and penalty cancel), but I am interpreting from the available text and may have left something out. But, not to worry, I'm sure somebody will find fault and tell me off.

Of course, I've frequently been told that I don't know what I'm doing or that I don't play this game the right way, so you may want to take this with a grain of salt.
warhorse11h is offline   Reply With Quote