View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 09:13 AM   #14
Phantasm

Default Re: [LT/DF] Sets of Armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
If the High-Tech clothing weights table for TL5 holds for earlier TLs, then standard clothing weighs 4 lbs., less the shoes. Ted's basic package for civilians is heavier than this because he has leather pants and a jacket, which is not the mean for any group of peasants, but it's much more in line with reality than 2 lbs.
Exactly. Standard clothing for a commoner at TL4- is a cotton or linen shirt or tunic, cotton or linen breeches or skirt, or a cotton or linen dress, both possibly with an over-tunic, and something on the feet. None of those provide DR, and can't be considered "armor" unless magically fortified (and some game worlds don't have magic in them).

The Civilian set of armor in the first post is intended to represent the heaviest leather clothes a person would conceivably have, suitable for urban gang members, woodsmen, etc.

Now, coming back to my original question, are there any "common sets" of armor that I might have missed? This could be either something you have available in your game world or a set your players keep putting together on their own.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote