View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 03:22 PM   #17
Hastur

Default Re: Meta: LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

EDIT : Nevermind I am gonna try starting the game somewhere else, I'd rather have a group of players already familiar with gurps though.

I am considering running a game inspired by Dwarf Fortress. In that game a small group of individuals set off to a far away place and make a home for themselves, growing and industrialising untill they dig too deep, or cause jelousy intheir neighbors, or attract a dragon or what not. i think GURPS would do well in simulating that and I would like to try it out with some players/test subjects

I see the main exitement coming from running a different kind of game where the players are the ones digging out a fortress underground and guarding their works from the outside world. I would use time use sheets to advance the players and there would be lots of freedom but the problem i am worried about is how to get any roleplaying in without disrupting the low of time.

Also I am not very reliable, but i thought after i get everything started i could hand off the role of running the antagonists to someone else or even trade the job as it went on between players. I think the locations everyone has built together will grow like a plant and eventually i wont even be that neccessary.

Feel free to ask me questions, and I would want to start with 3 players.

Last edited by Hastur; 06-01-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Hastur is offline   Reply With Quote