View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 08:23 AM   #419
JimTullis

Default Re: Cars Wars 6E - What We Know - 1st Post will be updated over time

Can't say I'm on board with 1/64th scale.

JFleisher said it is equivalent to S Scale train gear. In the past 50 years I've never seen S Scale train items available in local train shops. Maybe in larger cities, but I've never seen it at Hobby Town, etc. H0 scale items are super plentiful in most local locations

H0 scale is easier to store and transport. Plus you can play in a smaller space and still have lots of room for tactical decisions. I understand that the goal here is to drive and shoot, but I would like it if it was drive and shoot with some tactical space.

Gaslands and soon Junkerdrome are 1/64th scale and moving to this scale could be perceived as a bandwagon move.

I played in a demo at GenCon. The cars were not H0 scale (but not quite 1/64th either), Combat started on round 1 with very little maneuvering. This is great fore a demo, but I'm not sure it will make for a Long Term sustainable game. Having room for maneuvering and some terrain would be nice.

The driving and combat systems were fun and had just enough going on to be interesting without getting bogged down. I think I'll enjoy the gameplay.

Most of my concerns are about sizes of things.

I was super hopeful about H0 scale.

And I was hopeful that the upgrade cards would be sleevable and able to be stored in binder pages. The hand made cards in the demo were mere millimeters too large to be placed in the "Mini American" card sleeves that already exist for X-Wing, etc. The cards fit in binder pages, but only just barely. HOPEFULLY when they go to factory production, they will look into getting the cards to a standard size where there are existing storage and protection options.

Control Tokens could be a tiny bit larger, they seemed like they would be very easily lost. Other tokens seemed to be about the same size as stuff you might find in existing games.

To sum up. I remain very hopeful about this game. I just have some minor concerns.