View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #6
JCD

Default Re: Far Reaches ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
Given that default In Nomine leaves open the question as to whether there is a Christ in the one that you are actually playing in, just use the same answer for the alternate one.

And perhaps the plot can be set up where they need to get something specific from the Alternate World and bring it back (like a piece of the Archangel Andrealphus's heart to help redeem him in the Canon World.

If you don't like inventing weird things then keep your players out the Far Reaches...
No, I don't mind inventing weird things. I am saying that opening up the issues of alternate worlds is problematic in the theme of the game as stated. Now, if you don't mind breaking the theme, that's fine. And I won't even say it's not a derivation of In Nomine. What I am saying is that you are going into territory which can quickly change the very nature of the game and should be mindful of that fact so when the wheels fall off, you're prepared.

And IIRC, the existance of a man eventually called the Christ isn't in question. What the heck he was, IS. So far, no one has an answer.