View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #8
vitruvian

Default Re: Weird War II - Avalon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purezebo View Post
An insightful post to be sure. To clarify though the war, in this campaign, would have diverged from reality, at some point, to allow for an American presence far before we did in actuality. If only a minor one, possibly a specialized camp, to account for the several weirdos who may be PCs, as one player is someone with a small magical talent. Perhaps, on the way to the camp, possibly off the french coast, they were shot down. Rumors have it Avalon could be somewhere in the Mediterranean, and that's good enough for me.

Now as for the language issues, if I have a linguist in the party, I'll probably make it a minor problem. If not, they'll just speaketh ole' timey English. Culture will be stereotypical highly honorable knight. Or that's what I'm thinking.

Arthur I plan to be a significant in the war, but he's not gonna win it. While our heroes are bringing back Arthur, the Germans are up to their own odd plots.

Now my question, is what should Arthur, or his Knights, or Morgan, have our troop of rugged soldiers do? Obviously it'll take some time for them to figure out where they are, who these weirdos in armor are, etc. But eventually I'm gonna need something else to take up their time. Besides walking to Arthur and saying "Yes, Britain could use your help right now, would you mind?"

Perhaps a series of tests to prove their mettle? Hmmm.

Keep the ideas coming! Gives me more to brainstorm on.
If they need the Grail, and the Germans are looking for it too, maybe a certain American archaeologist could help them out... you could also do worse than to find a trade paperback of a classic comic book series called Camelot 3000.
vitruvian is offline   Reply With Quote