View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 01:11 PM   #6
Aleph
Administrator

Default Re: Count R Spell Question

Sorry for the delay, I've been deep in GenCon prep work.

From the Rules
Quote:
Cancel:
An interrupt ability. The cost for a canceled ability is still paid, but that ability does not activate. If the ability is on a card already in play, that card remains in play. When a card being played from your hand is canceled, that card is moved to the discard pile.
So you can see that we can use a Cancel ability on an ability coming from a card that is already in play, such as a Curse. This does not remove or Unstick the curse, nor does it negate it permanently. You would use the cancel when the Curse ability triggers and comes into effect, cancelling that instance of the ability.

For example, if you were cursed with The Final Countdown, which causes you to take 1 damage each time you draw a card, you could:
  1. Draw a Card, then
  2. Use Count R Spell or Trololol as an Interrupt to Cancel the ability of The Final Countdown. (The Final Countdown does not leave play or become Unstuck)
  3. Not take damage as a result for drawing the card
  4. Draw another card
  5. Take 1 damage from The Final Countdown for drawing a card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majobasil View Post
Can you pay 2 and cancel a curse that’s already been stuck? Not in the act of it being cast but rather, say, a turn later once the curse has been in effect for a turn.

Edit: also, can Trollolol do the same? I feel like cards that say squish target stuck card or squish target curse indicate that one should not be able to cancel a mischief that’s already gotten through. In my opinion, cancel implies cancel in the act of being cast, not cancel something that’s already stuck.
Aleph is offline   Reply With Quote