View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 02:46 AM   #5
NineDaysDead
Banned

Default Re: [Powers] Leech and nonsapient victims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrunners_Fire View Post
Rules-as-written, Leech works on anything the referee defines as "alive".
Correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrunners_Fire View Post
Rules-as-intended, I do believe Kromm has posted something about it being intended to work on targets with IQ 1 or higher and that if we wanted it to work on IQ 0 targets we could flip that as a zero-cost feature (which stops it from working on IQ 1+ targets) or a +100% modifier (which lets it work on both). I vaguely recall something about a modifier to make it work on non-living targets instead / as well ...
Correct:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
I had asked:

Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery
Hi Sean, A point was brought up in the Help creating life-draining touch ability? thread, that the basic Leech ability allowed for draining HP from plants. The text does seem to support this, but it feels overpowered to me that a non-limited leech can just go suck a tree for healing, without having to worry about victims that might fight back. Is that really supposed to be the idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm
No. The idea is that you can use Leech on things that have IQ. IQ 0 trees and grass shouldn't count.
Followed up by:

Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery
Would a variant Leech(Plants), like the mentioned Leech(Mechanical), be a valid extension of the rules?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm

Yes, I think that's a good variant.

Sentience appearing to be the main determinant, but once you branch into nonsentience, it looks like categories become necessary. I would rather keep such stuff away from PCs, as a general rule, but I am conservative that way. I cannot think of many examples of Leech being used on non-sentients.
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote