View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 01:49 AM   #41
kirbwarrior

Default Re: Fixing round length in GURPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsdad View Post
1). the new player who really is not sure about the choices available to them. And yep definitely I'd give them extra leeway here (they're not choosing to hesitate and they're not going to have much fun otherwise if I force them to act)

2). the master chess player who want's to expertly craft their response like they're playing a turn based strategy game with out a timer. and that's not how I run my combats.

NB: this is just how I run my games, not some one true way or anything!
1) Yep, that's what I worry over. I don't know the rules well enough and I've been using 4th since a year after it came out and some 3rd back in the day, so I'm not going to expect the players to know it well.

2) I and the one player who do know the rules the most plan things out during other players' and the GM's turns so that we can take into account of possible actions so that by the time our turn comes up, we already know what we want to do. I'm actually glad for this player because the others get to see cool new ways to use basic items.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximara View Post
Player: I Do nothing.
But when would a player do this? Wait and AoD are strictly better ways to 'do nothing'.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote